Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Trouble on the Way

Day 34: I was running pretty low on food, so I decided to take my chances and go back to the grocery store this morning. While I was gathering cars for I found another decent truck to use to move around. There was a sparse population of the undead around this morning until I reached the store. They were all over inside, but my old police SUV was still sitting just outside the doors. I thought that if I was quick, I could hop in there and take it back to the station. The back was about half full of food, so that would last me a little while. That way, I wouldn't have to risk going inside for food. The plan went off without a hitch. On the way back was where things took a twist...

I was a couple blocks from the station when a man ran in the middle of the road to flag me down. I could tell right away from his movements that he wasn't a zombie. He looked to be in pretty bad shape, though. I was bruised, beaten, and bloody. His news wasn't any better. He told me a militia of about 15 armed men was headed in this direction about a days drive away. I was not sure if I could trust him, but I didn't want to risk not listening to him. He told be everything he knew. His name is Thomas and he was from Green Bay. He survived there as long as he could until he was driven away by the militia. They attacked him, but he was able to escape. They have been following him ever since.

Then I realized something. The moment they saw my car fence, they would know that there is someone alive here. It may stop the zombies pretty well, but it won't do much to humans. We had to move somewhere else. Thomas and I found a building a couple blocks away. It was some sort of office building, but it was only 3 stories high. We moved most of my supplies, weapons, and food over there. I discoverd a heavy duty safe in the basement of the police station during one of my exploration trips in the station. I secretly hid some stuff in the safe in case Thomas was lying and tried to steal everything from me. This way, I would still have a little bit of supplies. It was pretty late once we got everything moved, so we tried to get some sleep. Eeyore slept next to me all night. I couldn't sleep at all, though. I had no idea what tomorrow would bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment