Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9, 2013: Day 16

A lot has happened the past few days. First of all, on the 6th, I made a run to the supermarket. I managed to dodge zombies on the way there to arrive safely. The supermarket was fairly free of zombies. There were about three in the store. This not a huge supermarket, though. I ran in and filled my backpack with various canned goods. I figured those would keep the longest. It seemed like I only spent a matter of minutes in the store, but by the time I went back up to the front exit, the parking lot was filling up. I attracted too much attention. There was probably about 50 zombies out front. I headed towards the back to try to exit through the warehouse, but two zombies blocked that path too. I had to improvise. I shove a cart through one of the front windows and shattered it. I pick the one with the clearest path and ran through. As soon as I made it out, I just ran. I made it a couple blocks before I realized I was running away from my apartment. There was no way I could make it back there. I ran a few more blocks and saw a small ranch style house. I tried the door and thank goodness it was unlock. I ducked inside and locked the door behind me. I thought I was safe. I turned around, to find myself face to face with a zombie. I shoved it away and started to run, but tripped over a toolbox that was laying on the floor. I looked back and saw a rubber mallet that must have been in it. I leapt for it and jumped to my feet. I did the only thing I could. I brought the mallet down on the zombie's head. After the third swing, its head cave in and it dropped to the floor. There were brains everywhere. I tried to hold it together, but I couldn't I just puked there on the spot. I stayed in one of the bedrooms the rest of the night. The next morning, I looked outside and saw a handful of zombies shuffling around. I did hear a dog barking, though. I looked out for a couple more minutes and I saw it. It looked alright. I grabbed some food and went to the door. He was a little hesitant, but eventually came. I had food after all. I could not find any bites on him and looked to be fine. He looked to have some doberman in him, but I'm not sure what else. He was pretty friendly, though. We stayed in the house all day, but the smell of the zombies was getting bad. The next day, we left and found another house free of zombies. This one is a two story and has a well stocked pantry. I think we might stay here for a little while. In the mean time, I have to think of what I'm going to name my new friend. He didn't have a collar on him and I have just been saying hear boy and stuff like that. He needs something better. Especially since he is only companion right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment