Monday, April 5, 2010

Radio Message

Day 20: Talk about being in the right place at the right time. I was just about to leave to do some searching when I was walking past the radio room and heard a message. He called himself Eric and was part of a group of survivors at Fort McCoy. They have been able to hold off zombie hordes and are sending out a message to all survivors everywhere to come and join them. I wasn't sure where Fort McCoy was, so I looked it up. Its quite a ways west of here. Kinda on the way to La Crosse. It would take several hours just driving there, but who knows what the roads are like and I don't have much gas left. A second thought popped into my mind. What if its just a trick to get people to come and find out its not a group of survivors. Instead its a milita group that out to get as much supplies and everything for themselves. I've seen plenty of apocalypse movies to know that not everyone is willing to help each other. Theres those that just see it as a new opportunity to take advantage of people. For this reason, I didn't try to radio back. I don't need people like that trying to find me. I'll keep it open as an option, though, in case I get overrun here. For now, I'm just going to work on my fence. I was able to start moving cars into place today, though. Its a start at least, but no Simpson so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment