Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hope

Day 5: I did some more searching of the police station today. In one of the offices, I found something promising. Left on a fax machine was an evacuation plan for the city and what looked like a landing zone on a map. The only problem was that its about 5 miles away on the outskirts of town. How the hell am I suppose to get there with hundreds of zombies waiting for me. At least I have something to work towards, though.

During my search, I stumbled upon a door that lead to the roof. I know they didn't have a helicopter, but I went up to have a look anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when I got up there. There was no helicopter, but it seemed like the zombies outside were distracted by something else. There was only a handful of them around the building now. I realized after I searched the rooftop that I could make a ladder some how and use it to get down to the ground. That way I would have safer way to get in and out.

I was about to leave when I heard an explosion. I looked and saw a mushroom cloud off in the distance. It wasn't a huge one, so couldn't have been a nuclear bomb. Judging the distance, it was the evacuation area on the map. All my hope for the future was suddenly gone.

I spent the rest of the day and evening making a ladder of sorts out of supplies that I found. I wanted it to be somewhat light so that I could pull it up when I was inside. I finally got it complete, but its too dark to test it out now. I'll wait til morning. I'm still planning on going there. Maybe some people survived the explosion or maybe they blew up a huge horde of zombies. Its still the best hope right now. I should have packed more food, too. I ate the last of it tonight and all I found here was a couple of bags of chips I found in a vending machine. I'll have to stop at a grocery store on my way to the evac site.

No comments:

Post a Comment