Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I've Found a Friend

Day 8: I decided to go up to the roof today and I'm glad that I did. I heard something moving around down by the truck. I figured it was just a zombie trying to find a way in, but I looked anyway. Instead of a zombie, it was a dog down there and a black lab by the looks of it. He must have smelled the bag of chips I dropped yesterday. I ran downstairs as fast a I could, grabbing a can of Spam on the way. As quietly as I could, I opened the back door. I knew there were no zombies down there when I looked and saw the dog. I opend the can of Spam and set it on the ground in front of me. The dog could smell it right away and looked at me. It took a little bit of trust, but eventually he came over to it and let me pet him. He looked like skin and bones. I have no idea how he survived this long. He didn't even a scratch on him. I looked at his collar and it said Eeyore like the donkey from Winnie the Pooh. He followed me inside and just in the nick of time. A handful of zombies were starting to come around the side of the building. I shut the door behind us and barricaded it again. I'm so happy that I found another living thing, even if it is only a dog. At least if gives me something to do and a purpose. Now I have to protect Eeyore and keep him safe as well as myself. This was one of the best things that happened to me and it couldn't come at a better time. I wonder if dogs can get the Z virus like in the video games and movies. Thats what I've been calling it. I sure hope not. If this dog can survive, surely we're not the only two that could in this forsaken world.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it coming :O)

    Great stuff so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I've been busy the past couple of days, so I have not been able to add a post. I just got one done, though, so enjoy. I plan on keeping this going for a while.

    ReplyDelete