Friday, March 12, 2010

The Police Station

Day 3 and 4: I barricaded the front door and started my search of the police station. The lobby was small, but at least it was empty aside from some smears of blood on the wall and shell casings. The first couple of doors were locked, but I finally found one that was open. As soon as I opened it, I heard the characteristic moaning and shuffling of feet of a zombie. I was so terrified, but I knew that there are too many of them in the world in order to avoid them all. I had to learn to fight the fear and this was a perfect opportunity since there was only one. It was a older male cop from what I could tell. He was missing an arm and had chunks missing from his neck and torso. I pulled out my gun and fired. On the fifth shot, I finally hit him. Unfortunately, it was not a head shot, so he kept coming. After a couple more shots, one took him down for good. I sure hope I get better at doing this otherwise I'm not going to last long. Thats when I heard more moaning sounds coming from the hall behind me. The gun shots must have attracted them. I slammed the door shut and threw some stuff in front of it. I searched the room I was in, but didn't find much. It must have been an office for some of the officers. There were couple desks with papers everywhere. At least there was only one door leading into the room, though. I slumped up against wall in one of the corners and quickly fell asleep.

I woke up to scratching and moaning sounds coming from the other side of the door. They are terrifying sounds to hear when you are all by yourself and scared to death already. I sat there for some more time and realized I couldn't sit in this room forever. I had to do something, even if it kills me. I was ready to do something about it. I unblocked the door and let them come in. I was a better shot this time. There were four of them and I took them out with 7 shots. It took me a couple hours to clear out the rest of the station and seal all the doors. Now I have a safe place with plenty of supplies. I stockpiled a pretty good arsenal. Judging by the fact the sun was just coming up, it has to be the next morning. I found some blankets and made myself a make shift bed and fell asleep. I slept well into the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment